11.16.2006

Gui, Gui, Gui...part deux

Now, I can already hear Ballzov telling me that I'm obsessed with Guillaume Latendresse, so I will cut him off before he starts mouthing off.

I'm not necessarity obsessed, but, as stated in my previous post, he all over the media here in Montreal. Not one edition of "Sports 30", the RDS equivalent of "SportsCentre", is aired without a quote or a highlight from him.

Only one person commented on my long-winded post (thanks Rob!) and I have to agrre with the sentiment: I really don't envy him him taking his first steps in the NHL with this much pressure and attention. The thing is, though, he seems incredibly level-headed. Not one interview goes by without him giving great props to his linemates and saying how lucky he is to be getting PP time. Sure, he's been trained to say that, but he seems genuine.

In any case, since he broke the goose egg and finally scored, he has added thee more in the last two games. The one last night got me up from my couch and I let out a hearty "nice!" that made my wife look up from whatever she was doing. Here's some grainy fottage of the nice dangle and deadly shot. I think he's for real...