7.11.2006

Door 1 or Door 2

In the spirit of sport and trash. Let us keep the dirt coming. There are two theories on the Pronger saga in Edmonton.

1 - His wife hated the city. 6 games in she told Chris that they were leaving and she was going to take the kids. She was known to leave for long spells and head south.

2 - He scored with a local Edmonton television personality - Christie Chorley.

Christie, for her part, denies any wrong doing.

Her statement:

I write this statement as a result of two weeks of unrelenting and untrue rumours linking my name with former Edmonton Oiler Chris Pronger, and his reasons for leaving Edmonton. These rumours have affected me professionally and personally and have had significant impact of my reputation. I release this statement because a number of media outlets have asked me to speak publicly and I hope this statement will satisfy their needs.

The international scope of this damaging gossip has been shocking and devastating.

Let me be clear and direct, I DO NOT KNOW CHRIS PRONGER PERSONALLY. I have only interviewed him as a part of a large media scrum. I have never had a one-on-one conversation with him and I have never been alone in a room with him. Despite this, and for reasons unknown to me, I have become the subject of many baseless rumours. My career is still young, I have worked extremely hard to achieve what I have professionally and I do not want these unjustified rumours to affect my life in any way.

I have sought legal counsel and have sent Cease and Desist letters to specific outlets. Concerned that this could happen to someone else, especially others in the media, I would like to see Canadian law regulate the Internet more responsibly.

I make this statement with the sole purpose of clearing my name from this entire situation and would like to move past this both personally and professionally. As a result I will be providing no further public comment.

You are welcome for the free press. Good luck with your career.