4.29.2006

Invisible Player

At left is a picture of Justin Williams. Most hockey fans may not recognize him, however, as he doesn't have his stick in an opposing player's face. Trust me, it's him.

Also, I urge any NHL officials reading this post (I'm sure there are many) to take a close look at him. For some reason, in this picture, he is not wearing his trusty invisibility cloak. During playoff games, he usually wears it because referees have no idea that he is on the ice.

Finally, to any of the officials reading (or anyone who has basic hockey knowledge), can you explain to me why some goalie interference calls result in penalties and some only result in disallowed goals. In my view, if you interfere with a goalie to the point where he can't move properly, it's no different than when a skater's progress is impeded.

Anyone?

Bueller?