4.22.2006

The LPGA


Rather than press my luck predicting first round winners or wussing out like Ballzov and only calling those in the Conference final (As much as I hate to say it, Ottawa in the conference final, really? Emery stinks. Unless he grows 15 new arms, or Hasek grows himself a new groin or they bring back Ron Tugnutt reincarnated in his 1991 Nordiques-Bruins form, their goaltending is going to let them down) , I'm going to throw into the mix a topic near and dear to my heart: hockey hair.

Call it what you want, hockey hair is everywhere. And like Pete Doherty's drug habit it just never seems to go away.

What the hell was Jaromir Jagr/is Michal Handzus thinking? Maybe my long hair will make me more aerodynamic? This party in the back, business in the front is so sophisticated? I love Barry Melrose?

In a business where the average salary is 1.46 million dollars US, you'd think these guys would book a time with Vidal Sassoon and pretty themselves up. While they're at it Joe Sakic should throw in the extra 3 bucks and get his hair washed.

I can understand playoff beards. But hockey hair I cannot.

But if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. My vote for best mullet? Radek Bonk, from his early days with the Ottawa Senators. For inspiration check this out. (Tip of the hat to Ballzov)

The world would be better if every one had hair like Mike Commodore.