6.10.2006

More news that actually matters

It's great of Beeg to finally make an appearance. I guess Rob's little shout out woke him up.

I was so inspired by his "infotainement" style of writing that I figured I would follow in his footsteps.

Earlier in the week, hockey fans and insiders got some good news with the announcement that Ted Nolan was making a much-anticipated return to the NHL coaching ranks with the New York Islanders. This is great for the NHL and great for the Islanders who need some direction. It will also help that the organization also added Neil Smith as the new GM.

The only people who will be (slightly) sad are the good folks in Moncton, who were hoping that Nolan would be back to try to lead the hometown Wildcats to another Memorial Cup appearance. I know for a fact, though, that they wish him nothing but the best.

Expect to see the Islanders' fortunes change in the next two years (so long, Alexei Yashin!). Let's hope they can also change their uniforms.