6.17.2006

Series for the ages

Do you believe in miracles?

I can tell you that the folks in Edmonton do. After the dominant performance the Oilers put together tonight, I have to say that I'm starting to believe in miracles. The question on everybody’s lips, however, will be: Do the Oilers have anything left in the tank?

As difficult as it was to win two straight games to even the series at three games apeice, it will be twice as difficult to win game 7 in Raleigh. That being said, it was the Hurricanes who seemed to be out of gas in game 6. Leaving the ice at Rexall place, they looked like they were dead tired. They looked defeated, in the larger context.

Given that he Canes were humiliated tonight, they will be completely fired up for game 7. The danger for Edmonton is that they may feel like that they have already won, although they seem to be on a pretty even keel.

My emotions may be getting the better of me, but I think Edmonton is a team firing on all cylinders and they are the ones that seem to want it more. They'll take the cup back to Edmonton.

In any case, the game will be great. As my favourite Edmontonian, a.k.a. The Murph Dog, would say, it will be great no matter what.

Game on!